Welcome to The Boston Network Users Group
The Boston Network Users Group was Established in 1986
Our Next Meeting will be held on Tue, December 5, 2023
- Who: All Are Welcome
- Our Next Meeting Will Be Held on: Tuesday December 5 , 2023
- Zoom Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time)
- In Person Meeting gather at 6:30pm at Mass Bay
- Meeting Location: Mass Bay Community College & Zoom
- This Months Speaker: Adam Frost
- Meeting Topic: (See Below)
023 12-05 BNUG Meeting — Social Media in War and Social Media in Peace
The BNUG meeting will start at 7 pm on Zoom and meet in the Board Room at Mass Bay Community College. The Board Room is in the second floor, down the hall from the library on the right. Please call Adam at 617-522-1049 if you are lost.
SPECIAL NOTE: From 5:30 pm – 7 pm, BNUG members are invited to participate in the Speed Interviewing event in the Mass Bay library atrium—this is a chance to give Mass Bay STEM students experience in interviewing, and to give us a chance to meet the rising generation and let them know about BNUG and our other computer activities. Good hiring opportunity!
At our BNUG meeting, Adam Frost will lead a discussion of the role of social media—Facebook, X (Twitter), and other platforms—and their role in war, power politics, and peace. We will talk about the many crises that have been made worse by social media, but also discuss where social media has made people’s lives better or at least funnier.
We will read “The Global Disinformation Order
In-Person Meeting Information
We are delighted that our meeting is in person again, in the beautiful Mass Bay Community College library Atrium. We have a potluck dinner and interesting people to meet and network and talk with.
When you get to Mass Bay at 50 Oakland St. Wellesley (on the Newton-Wellesely Line right off Route 9), go up the driveway and take your second big left to get to the main building. Free parking in the visitor spaces. Come in the front door, walk down the hallway past the auditorium, take a left and go up the stairs to the library. Go through the library to the Atrium.
- 6:30 – 7 pm setup and schmoozing both in person and on Zoom.
- Meeting from 7 pm – 8:45 pm.
- 8:45 pm – 9 pm schmoozing and cleanup.
Please call Adam Frost if you’d like a ride from Boston or Riverside T 617-522-1049.
How do I Get to the BNUG Meeting?
For people who cannot come in person, we run the meeting also on Zoom, and you are very welcome to join us.
- All Meeting Times are U.S Eastern Time Zones (US and Canada)
- Meeting ID: 482 645 3134
- Passcode: 712812 or bnug <—– (Notice : ALL LOWER CASE LETTERS)
- to call in by phone:
- • +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 305 224 1968 Us
Updated 11/30/2023 by SDP